ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The Hill-Urbina Global Health Study Fellowship is designed to provide international study opportunities to Northwestern students of Global Health Studies. Preference is given to declared Global Health Minors. This award is based on academic merit, essay quality, and financial need. The award can range from $2000-$3000.
The Hill-Urbina Global Health Study Fellowship is available for degree-seeking Northwestern University undergraduates with a demonstrated interest in global health. Awards may not be used for international study following graduation (as in summer programs post-graduation). The scholarship may be used for the following Northwestern IPD Global Health Study Abroad Programs:
- Public Health in Europe (Fall Semester in Paris, France)
- Global Healthcare Technologies in South Africa (Winter Quarter in Cape Town, South Africa)
- Public Health & Development in South Africa (Spring Quarter in Stellenbosch, South Africa)
- Public Health in Israel (Spring Quarter in Tel Aviv, Israel)
- Public Health in Chile (Summer Quarter in Santiago, Chile)
- Public Health in China (Summer Quarter in Beijing, China)
- Public Health in Cuba (Summer Quarter in Havana, Cuba)
The deadline for Fellowship funding may be earlier than the corresponding with IPD program application deadlines. See below for deadlines. The Fellowship application can be found on the Northwestern Study Abroad Online Application System.
For Fall 2014 and Full Year 2014/2015 programs: January 10, 2014
For Summer 2014 programs: February 1, 2014
For Winter and Winter/Spring 2015 programs: May 1, 2014
For Spring 2014 programs: November 1, 2013
IPD Study Abroad Program Assistant