APPLICATION PROCESS FOR IPD EXCHANGE PROGRAMS
- Download the Northwestern University Application for Permission to Study Abroad from the Study Abroad Office website.
- Call the IPD office at 847-467-6953 to set up an interview with exchange coordinator Greg Buchanan, and specify which program(s) you are interested in. These interview sessions are intended for students who are ready to apply and are an opportunity to learn more about the program and ask questions.
- Complete the Northwestern University Application for Permission to Study Abroad and submit it to the Study Abroad Office.
- Submit the following to the IPD office by the deadline specified for your program.
- Completed IPD Program Application, with signature from an IPD study abroad adviser. Submit a copy of the IPD application to the Study Abroad Office as well.
- Copy of your passport. Make sure your passport is valid through June of the following year. If you are planning to apply to an IPD exchange program and you do not yet have a passport (or need to renew your current passport), you should begin this process as soon as possible so that it is completed by the time of application. The processing time for a passport application is approximately 6-8 weeks. For more information on how to apply for or renew a passport, please visit the State Department’s passport web site.
5. An application to your study abroad institution will be filled out after acceptance to the program by Northwestern. More information will be provided at that point.