APPLICATION PROCESS FOR IPD FALL 2012 PROGRAMS
- Download the Northwestern University Application for Permission to Study Abroad from the Study Abroad Office website by January 6, 2012.
- Call the IPD office at 847-467-6953 to set up an interview with IPD study abroad coordinator Karey Fuhs, and specify which program(s) you are interested in. These interview sessions are intended for students who are ready to apply and are an opportunity to learn more about the program and ask questions. Group interview sessions are held regularly at the IPD office, and you are encouraged to call and reserve a place in a timely manner. Non-Northwestern students and off-campus students may arrange for interviews via phone.
- Complete the Northwestern University Application for Permission to Study Abroad and submit it to the Study Abroad Office by February 15, 2012. If you are applying to an IPD program and a non-IPD program, you must apply by the regular deadlines set by the Study Abroad Office according to students' last names. Refer to the Study Abroad Office website for more information about deadlines.
- Submit the following to the IPD office by February 15, 2012:
- Completed IPD Program Application, with signature from an IPD study abroad adviser
- 4 official passport photos. These can be purchased at local drugstore establishments (CVS in Evanston) and must be passport-specific glossy photo pack, as they will be used for official visa and student identification materials. No digital prints, scans, doctored photos, etc. will be accepted.
- Copy of your passport. Make sure your passport is valid through June of the following year. If you are planning to apply to this program and you do not yet have a passport (or need to renew your current passport), you should begin this process as soon as possible so that it is completed by the time of application. The processing time for a passport application is approximately 6-8 weeks. For more information on how to apply for or renew a passport, please visit the State Department’s passport web site.